Accounting and MYOB
Does your bookkeeper or accountant have satisfactory MYOB skills? Are you about to hire someone who will be responsible for MYOB in your business?
Contact us now to ensure they possess the required knowledge and skills.
MYOB Accounting software is application software that records and processes accounting transactions within functional modules such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and trial balance. It functions as an accounting information system. It is a very popular software product that many businesses rely on as a critical information system. We have found that the skill level of MYOB consultants varies widely!
We developed the MYOB assessment in partnership with accredited MYOB professionals to help businesses ensure that a person's MYOB knowledge is adequate. Many businesses have suffered significant loss from poorly skilled bookkeepers or accountants. Case studies suggest that businesses damaged by mistakes using MYOB continue to suffer many years later as the legacy of those mistakes persists.
Contact us now to test before you hire a Bookkeeper or Accountant.
Accounting software is typically composed of various modules, different sections dealing with particular areas of accounting. Among the most common are:
- Accounts receivable—where the company enters money received
- Accounts payable—where the company enters its bills and pays money it owes
- General ledger—the company's "books"
- Billing—where the company produces invoices to clients/customers
- Stock/Inventory—where the company keeps control of its inventory
- Purchase Order—where the company orders inventory
- Sales Order—where the company records customer orders for the supply of inventory
Non Core Modules
- Debt Collection—where the company tracks attempts to collect overdue bills (sometimes part of accounts receivable)
- Electronic payment processing
- Expense—where employee business-related expenses are entered
- Inquiries—where the company looks up information on screen without any edits or additions
- Payroll—where the company tracks salary, wages, and related taxes
- Reports—where the company prints out data
- Time sheet — where professionals (such as attorneys and consultants) record time worked so that it can be billed to clients
- Purchase Requisition—where requests for purchase orders are made, approved and tracked
Contact us now before you hire a Bookkeeper or Accountant.